Wednesday, April 15, 2009

An Alternative Easter Break

Due to my injury, Mary and I had to abandon our ambitious plans to spend break in Bern and Paris. I flew home on Sunday morning, had a long layover in Philadelphia, and after the drive home from Chicago I arrived home by 1:00 am. Traveling was stressful and exhausting. I was wheeled around at every airport, and this was necessary since I was crutching and had 2 bags to carry. My week at home was quiet and relaxing, and I healed a lot. I went to the doctor on Monday morning where they x-rayed me again and replaced my splint with a heavy boot. I continued to use crutches all week, and then I went back to the doctor and then to the physical therapist yesterday. They told me that I can walk in my boot, and I am starting physical therapy exercises. I will not be able to have the normal PT appointments since I am back in Europe for a month, but I will start with certain exercises and increase the intensity and add more exercises in 1-2 weeks or when I feel I am ready. Now back to studying Classics and spending two weeks in Rome!

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, we enjoyed you being home for Easter, crutches and all! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete